Description of Excursions (pdf)
Program of the Conference (pdf)
Proceedings of the Meeting (pdf)
VI International Meeting on the Biology of Sphagnum of International Association of Bryologists will take place in Khanty-Mansiysk on August 1-11, 2016. The program of the VI International Meeting on the Biology of Sphagnum will include trips to the forests and mires around Khanty-Mansiysk, to the natural park “Kondinskiye Lakes”, 450 km to the west, and Surgut Polesye, over 500 km to the north-east. During these trips almost all the diversity of Sphagnum mosses of the boreal forest zone of West Siberia can be observed including widespread species like Sphagnum fuscum, S. angustifolium, S. balticum, S. papillosum and typical species: Sphagnum centrale, S. warnstorfii, S. jensenii, S. lindbegrii, S. obtusum including two species from the Red List of Yugra region, Sphagnum subfulvum and Sphagnum tenellum.
Organizational and financial support:
– International Association of Bryologists
– Yugra State University
– Saint-Petersburg State University
– National Research Tomsk State University
– Russian Botanical Society
– Oil Company “Kondaneft”
– Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra
The preliminary timeline:
28 – 31, July * – excursions around Saint-Petersburg (additional option)
1 – 3, August – work of the conference including 1-day field excursion;
4 – 7, August – trip to the natural park “Kondinskiye Lakes”;
8 – 10, August – trip to Surgut Polesye;
11 August – departure.
* Maria Noskova from Saint Petersburg State University invites participants of the VI International Meeting on the Biology of Sphagnum to visit Saint Petersburg prior Khanty-Manisiysk in order to take part in field trips around the region rich in Sphagnum. More information – HERE.
The suggested topics for the conference are biology, ecology and floristic diversity; taxonomy, genetics and physiology, and possibilities of actual use of Sphagnum mosses. The submitted thesis (up to 3 pages) will be published in the conference proceedings.
April 30, 2016 – paper submission deadline. Please send them to email@example.com.
Requirements to the thesis:
Utilized text editor – MS Word for Windows, in DOC or RTF format, type – Times New Roman, 12 pt., 1.5 intervals, fields – 2 cm. Text should be no formatted, without the indentions. Tables are put into the text. Please send the figures in separate files prepared in one of the following formats: TIFF (preferable), BMP or JPG with high quality (300-600 DPI of resolution). Lines in the figures must be not less than 0.25 pts. The text must not exceed 3 pages including tables, figures and references.
Structure of the theses:
- Name and the surname of the authors
- Organization, e-mail
- Text of the abstract
- Acknowledgments (if necessary)
References to the literature are given in the text in brackets (surname, year). Bibliography should be given in an alphabetical order.
If you need invitation for visa please send to us copy of your passport. Besides, it’s advisable to fund out in advance if a university invitation is enough to apply for Russian visa in your country. Some countries (like UK e.g.) demand invitations issued by the Migration Service Agency, and it takes a month to prepare one. When you send your passport, please also write your post address where the invitation should be sent.
There is one direct flight from Moscow to Khanty-Mansiysk. It leaves at 10:30 pm from Vnukovo airport in Moscow and arrives at 03:40 am to Khanty-Mansiysk. Duration of flight is 3 hours. You can book the flight here – www.utair.ru. The round ticket costs about 300 euro.
If you go to Saint-Petersburg first, there is a direct flight on July, 31 (10:55 am – 4:10 pm). Its cost is about 170 euro. http://www.utair.ru
Besides, there are also other opportunities to reach Khanty-Mansiysk:
– By train. The nearest station is Pyt-Yakh (Пыть-Ях). It takes 3 hours to go from the station to Khanty-Mansiysk by bus. You can book the tickets here: www.rzd.ru.
– Via Surgut. Surgut is the biggest city in the region. There are more flights from Moscow, and the only Russian lowcoster “Pobeda” also connects Moscow and Surgut. It takes 4 hour to go from Surgut to Khanty-Mansiysk by bus. And we will be in Surgut on our way back from Surgut Polesye in the very end of the event.
– Weather in August is still warm with temperature up to +20 C and rains;
– It is advisable to have done vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis;
– To learn more about Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous okrug, please visit the webpage.
Prof.Dr. Elena Lapshina,
Head of the Research Educational Center “Environmental Dynamics and Global Climate Change” (UNESCO Chair) of Yugra State University
Yulia Papanova, manager for external affairs
Yulia.Papanova@gmail.com (Please contact if you have any questions)
Maria Noskova, Saint-Petersburg State University
Tel./Fax: +7 3467 357-714, Mobile: +7 9129021033