The meteorological observations in Mukhrino were started in 2008. An automatic meteorological complex which includes major part of the equipment was installed in 2010. The equipment is partially updated according to needs of current research projects.
The station’s staff is responsible for maintenance of the equipment, making basic preprocessing of the data and depositing the data online.
All data have open access (the policy of data sharing is currently under development) and will be uploaded in an international database in future (e.g. NordGIS, Nordicana D or others).
The primary goal of the weather station in Mukhrino is to record meteorological parameters of local ecosystems: mainly the raised bog and less – coniferous forest ecosystem (in taiga zone of West Siberia). It would be important to provide the data for the research projects conducted at the station and to obtain long-term series of climate parameters.
Presently, the station is working with the following objectives:
- Creating a collection of equipment to ensure the long-term observations of major meteo parameters
- Providing the good work of the equipment (to make inspection and data collection on regular basis, to calibrate the loggers)
- Providing good work of the supporting equipment (to improve energy supply system, work of central computers and Internet connection)
- Programming the system of data preprocessing and database for data storage on YuSU server
- Providing an access to data (online storage, import to international databases, scientific publications)
Major parameters of long-term observations include:
- Air temperature (bog, forest)
- Air humidity (bog)
- Atmospheric pressure
- Precipitation (bog, forest)
- Wind speed and direction (bog)
- Solar radiation balance (bog)
- Incoming and outcoming PAR (bog)
- Soil heat flux (bog)
- Soil profile temperature (bog, forest)
- Soil profile humidity (bog)
Some of parameters were measured in local conditions for short time periods during different projects (the data series are nevertheless stored in the database), for example:
- Temperature in and out OTC chambers
- Temperature of soil and air in Macromycetes monitoring plots
- Temperature of soil in TeaComposition plots, and others.
There are about 50 meteorological parameters and about 350 series of observations in the METADATA CATALOG (.xls file) of the weather station. The measurements are provided by 20 types of sensors. There are three automatic complexes which integrate the sensors:
- Central automatic weather complex that integrate 19 sensors, has three controllers and a central computer that transmits the data to the Yugra university server via Internet (equipped with solar panels)
- Weather complex of OTC experimental site unites 32 sensors, the data stored in a central computer memory (equipped with solar panels)
- An autonomous soil measurements complexes (5 pc.) integrates several sensors, data stored in the device memory.
Besides the automatic complexes, some devices working automatically separately or maintained manually.
(last update 17.05.2019)
The data series are temporally stored in .csv format. Please find the Metadata catalog for the detailed description of the data and ReadMe.txt file with the description of the storage structure).
See picture of the weather station in photo album on flickr: