V INTERNATIONAL FIELD SYMPOSIUM
“West Siberian Peatlands and Carbon Cycle: Past and Present”
“Carbon Balance of Western Siberian Mires in the Context of Climate Change”
19 – 29 June, 2017
Программа конференции 22-25 июня (En)
Program of the conference 22-25 June (Ru)
Program 19-29 June (En)
Программа 19-29 июня (Ru)
West Siberian Peatlands and Carbon Cycle: past and present : Proceedings of the Fifth International Field Symposium (Khanty-Mansiysk, June 19–29, 2017). – Tomsk : Publishing house of Tomsk State University, 2017. – 176 p. (Pdf)
Carbon Balance of Western Siberian Mires in the Context of Climate Change : Proceedings of the International Conference (Khanty-Mansiysk, 19–29 June, 2017) / ed. by E.D. Lapshina and N.P. Mironycheva-Tokareva. – Tomsk : Publishing house of Tomsk University, 2017. – 100 p. (Pdf)
UNESCO Chair “Environmental Dynamics and Global Climate Change” of Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia is happy to host the 5th International field symposium “West Siberian Peatlands and Carbon Cycle: Past and Present” and the International conference “Carbon Balance of Western Siberian Mires in the Context of Climate Change” on 19-29 June, 2017.
The Conference is held in frames of the Communique on the results of presentation of Khanty-Mansoysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra in the headquarters of UNESCO signed by the Governer of Khanty-Mansoysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra Natalia Komarova and the Director-General of UNESCO Irina Bokova. Besides, the Conference is a part of the Plan of the key events of the Year of Ecology in Russia – 2017.
- Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansiysk;
- University of Orleans, France;
- Institute of Forest Science, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow;
- Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the Siberian Branch of the RAS, Novosibirsk;
- Arctic Research Center of the Yamal-Nenets autonomous district, Salekhard;
- National Research Tomsk State University.
Organizational and financial support:
- The Government of Khanty-Mansoysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
- Service for the Control and Supervision of the environment, wildlife and forest relations of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
- Department of Natural Resources and Non-Raw Material Sector of the Economy of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
- National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), France
Chairman of the organizing committee:
Andrey Sirin, director of the Institute of Forest Science, Russian Academy of Sciences
Key scientific directions:
- Biogeochemical cycles of natural and disturbed peatland ecosystems, their role in the global cycle of carbon and greenhouse gases.
- Role of mires in biological biodiversity.
- Palaeoecology and history of development of peatland ecosystems..
- Remote sensing of peatland ecosystems and processes.
- Protection of mires, reclamation and restoration.
- Environmental monitoring of peatland ecosystems and processes.
- Modeling of climate change at different spatial scales.
The program of the Symposium and Conference will include a trip to the natural park Kondinskiye Lakes, 450 km to the west from Khanty-Mansiysk, sessions and meetings, an excursion to the international filed station Mukhrino and a trip to palsa bogs of the northern taiga near Noyabrsk (Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug).
The preliminary timeline:
18 June – arrival of participants;
19 – 21 June – 1st field excursion (Nature Park Konda Lakes);
22 – 23 June – International conference “Carbon Balance of Western Siberian Mires in the Context of Climate Change” (plenary and section sessions, a round table on evaluation of greenhouse gases from anthropogenic sources);
24 – 25 June – 5th International Field Symposium “West Siberian Peatlands and Carbon Cycle: Past and Present” and excursion to the international filed station Mukhrino;
26-28 June – 2nd field excursion (trip to Noyabrsk);
29 June – departure of participants.
Working languages are Russian and English. As the result of the events, the proceedings of thesis will be published. The best articles can be included into SCOPUS.
- 100 euro – the 1st field excursion;
- 100 euro – Conference and Symposium (accommodation in Khanty-Mansiysk is paid additionally);
- 100 euro – the 2nd field excursion (accommodation in Noyabrsk is paid additionally).
Prof. Dr. Elena Lapshina
Head of the Research Educational Center “Environmental Dynamics and Global Climate Change” (UNESCO Chair) of Yugra State University
Tel./Fax: +7 3467 357-714, Mobile: +7 9129021033